8 eggs whisked
3 table spoons chia seeds soaked for 15 minutes in a glass of water
4 table spoons olive oil
2 table spoons apple cider vinegar
½ cup coconut flour
1 cup almond meal or hazelnut meal
1 teaspoon gluten free aluminium free baking powder
½ cup sunflower and pepitas seeds (to sprinkle on top)
Pre heat oven to 160 degrees.
Combine all the wet ingredients together and then add the dry ingredients use a whisk or electric beaters to ensure the mixture is smooth.
Pour into a lined loaf tin and smooth down the top, add some seeds and gently press into the mixture.
Bake for 25 mins, take out of the oven and then turn the loaf tin around to ensure even cooking. Cook for a further 25 minutes, take a skewer and insert into the centre to check it is cooked. Depending on your oven you may need another 10 minutes.
* NOTE: this is simple plain paleo bread that will go with all flavours. Don’t forget to try it warm with some grass fed organic butter.
IDEAS – You could also add
- 2-3 ripe bananas, 3 teaspoon of mixed spice and top with walnuts ( you will need to cook longer due to the extra moisture content)
- 1 cup of sweet potato and pumpkin puree and top with sea salt and rosemary
- 1 cup of raspberries or blue berries and 2 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste ( you will need to cook longer due to the extra moisture content)
- ½ cup of fresh herbs, sundried tomatoes, olive and top with some Persian fetta